Indian Head Massage
What is it?
Indian Head Massage is traditionally known as Champissage in India, this massage included the head and hair and was practiced to promote blood flow to the scalp and healthy hair. Formalization of this technique, by Narendra Metha,was extended to include the neck, shoulders, upper arms and face, not only promoting hair growth, but providing relief from stress induced aches, pains, eye strain, migraines and lower back pain. This treatment is performed overtop of clothes (preferably a T- Shirt) and without the use of oils, while sitting upright, therefore can be done on anyone at anytime. This therapy is highly recommended for individuals who spend hours in front of a computer.
The Advantages of an IHM Treatment
- Treatment done in a seated position
- No need for you, the client, to disrobe
- Suitable for all ages and also for pregnant women
- Cost effective
- General relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increases oxygen supply to the brain and drains away accumulated toxins
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Can create a more balanced state of being
- Relaxes tight and painful muscles, eases stiffness, and breaks down knots in muscles
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved Lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of “feel good” hormones called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness, concentration, and clearer thinking
Can also help to relieve the following conditions:
- Tension headaches
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
- Jaw ache
- Sinusitis congestions
- Disturbed sleep
Some of the following conditions cannot be treated or must be treated with care:
- Any recent head or neck injury, including whiplash and concussion.
- Severe bruising in the areas to be treated.
- Recent hemorrhage.
- High or low blood pressure unless under control with medication.
- Migraine provided you are not having a migraine at the time of treatment.
- A history of thrombosis embolism.
- Diabetes unless under control.
- Infectious skin disorders such as impetigo. Herpes simplex and herpes zoster. Many non-infectious disorders such as acne and dermatitis may benefit from treatment.
- Head lice.
- Scalp infections such as weeping eczema.
- Cuts and abrasions in the treatment area.
- Recent operation. Full healing needs to take place as well as permission from your physician prior to receiving treatment.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- High temperature, illness and fever.
- Any infectious disease.
- Cancer or any other serious medical condition while undergoing treatment.
Some Possible Reactions
- Cold Feeling.
- Funny Taste in the Mouth.
- Perspiration. This is another way in which the body rids itself of toxins.
- Mucus. Could be related to a clogged sinus.
- Diarrhea. Or frequent bowel movements. A cleansing activity causing the body to excrete toxins through the feces.
- Tiredness. The body’s reaction to IHM causes it to switch into parasympathetic mode to rest and repair itself.
- Nausea and Headache. This could be a side effect of the body trying to cleanse itself.
- Greatly energized. Since the body is cleansing itself, it will run “cleaner”. There are fewer toxins to weigh us down.
- Eyes watering. Due to the cleansing of the Lachrymal glands in the eyes.
- Release of pain. Since you are put in a relaxed state, the muscles and nerves relax. This in turn eases pain.
- Temporary Rash. Toxins are released through the skin which is the body’s largest organ of elimination.
- Flatulence and Burping. Releasing gas is another way in which the body rids itself of toxins.
- Improved urination. Due to relaxation of muscles in the urinary tract as well as being yet another way in which toxins are released.
- Improved digestion. The body digests its food during rest.
- Laughing or Crying. Emotional release.
Indian Head Massage Rates
Sorry this is no longer being offered.
I have clearly seen first hand that reflexology has kicked me in the butt and it is now with stronger advocacy that I can highly recommend such as wor…Kristine S.Corporate Nutrition Consultant
Christine T.NurseBotanical Essence Therapy really? So here I was 45 years old and I just suffered a heart attack. I just completed the first year of school for th…
I was introduced to Reflexology without really knowing anything about the procedure. I thought to myself “Why not try it? I’m sure it couldn’t hurt.…Karrie C.Surpassed any expectations I did had!
I would like to share my first Reflexology experience with you. I was having a slew of health issues that came on suddenly and were unexplainable thro…Christine B.My first Reflexology experience.
I recently had a reflexology session with Scott after previously going to another practitioner for many years, who’s since moved out of the province–w…Sophie Lakis - AestheticianYou're in good hands.
After just one Reflexology session with Healing Your Sole, I was impressed with Scott’s professionalism and expertise. The atmosphere was peaceful …Laurie S.I highly recommend Scott and his Reflexology treatments!
During the initial visit, forms had to be filled out stating a brief health history. I had forgot about some past ailments and didn’t list them on the…Paula B.I was amazed at how this all works!
From My Blog
- 26 Jan 2014Fertility or Infertility and Reflexology
- 13 Oct 2013Lupus: Things to avoid if you have it.
- 08 Sep 2013Soy: “The Magic Bean”?
- 27 Jul 2013Breast Thermograpghy Clinic
- 14 Jul 2013Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms Can Be Relieved By Reflexology